Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stream Team License Plates

I finally did it - I ordered my Stream Team license plates!  I started thinking about doing this in July when the program got off the ground.  The Missouri Stream Team Watershed Coalition (MSTWC) had been working on getting approval for these plates for a couple of years (many thanks to Mark Van Patten and Holly Neill).  Then we hit the world of procrastination; the forms for ordering plates for our two cars sat on the kitchen counter for three months along with notices from school, reminders to take the cat to the vet, and other important papers that hadn't quite been that important yet.


Now all we need is a total of 200 Stream Team members (or anyone, for that matter) to pre-order their plate, including the donation to MSTWC.  I'm hoping that you might be the next to place an order.  It isn't hard, once you figure out what statement you would be willing to make on your vehicles.  There is just one simple form to fill out, available on the MSTWC website.  To fill this out, you need to know the VIN number and current license plate on the vehicle, as well as your contact information as shown on your title.

So have you decided what you want your plate to say yet?  You can list up to six choices on the application, just in case your preferred plate name is taken.  Some folks are sticking with their Stream Team number.  I couldn't go that route because I have too many numbers!  If you want to use some form of 'water' on your plate, you can try H2O or WTR.  You could try the name or an abbreviation of your favorite stream.  'Deer Creek' might be easy with DEERCR if it is not already taken.  'Two-Mile Creek' could become 2MI CR.  'Grand Glaize Creek' is a bit more tough - perhaps GG CR or GRANDG.  Or there are thousands of non-Stream Team personalizations that I'm sure you can come up with. 

As for me, I'm glad I sent in my choices and my check.  Meanwhile, the cat still needs to go to the vet....

No comments:

Post a Comment