|Kelci sells raffle tickets near the prize table.|
By the time I got to the picnic site, everything was in full swing; lunch had begun, raffle tickets were being sold, kids were running around with their great prizes from the children's activity table. Everyone was enjoying catching up with old friends and making new friends. A few people even put down their $40 to pre-order one of the first Stream Team License Plates (more on this later, I'm sure)!
After lunch, several awards were presented to people who have contributed special efforts to the Stream Team Program in the past year. Congratulations go out to many people for this event:
- Stream Team Ambassador Awardees: Lisa Adams, Danelle Haake, Debbie Miller, and Hydie M.
- Operation Clean Stream Stewardship Awardees: Steve Anderson and Bo Jarvis
- Stream Team Staff Appreciation Awardees: Darlene Haun and Carl Romesburg
- Stream Team Staff Farewell Paddle: Andrew Branson
|Awardees (left to right) Debbie Miller, Bo Jarvis, Carl Romesburg, Darlene Haun, Danelle Haake, and Hydie M.|
Following the awards, the final raffle tickets were sold (nearly 2000 tickets!) and numbers were drawn.
The first ticket to win belonged to Mike Bure and his prize of choice was the grand prize of the year, a kayak! The second winner selected the smaller kids kayak. Other prizes included a stone garden rabbit, coolers of beer, several gift cards to QT, multi-canoe float trips, a hand-made quilt, and much, much more. I'd love to get comments from you on what YOU took home; I got the ice cream maker, a 5-canoe float trip, and a package of glow-in-the-dark toys for the kids.
|Mike Bure (and Chico) with his new kayak! |
Photo by Brian Waldrup
- Solo Men - Paul Wibbenmeyer, Hogan Haake, Vernon Pursley, and Ahti Rovainen
- Solo Women - Danelle Haake, Debbie Miller, Lorisa Runnels, and Katie Wibbenmeyer (DNF)
- Youth - Marina Pursley and Nick Pursley
- Mixed Tandem - Hogan & Danelle Haake, Katie Wibbenmeyer & Mike Bure (with Chico the dog), and Connor Kirk & Kelci Wibbenmeyer
|An electrician's nightmare, OR, the only way|
to power enough fans to keep us all cool!
Many thanks go to the organizers who hosted the event, the donors who provided great raffle prizes, and the operators of Meramec State Park for providing such a lovely venue. Great job, Jackie and family, Larry and Amy, Burt, Brian, and everyone else who had a hand in continuing to make this event one of my favorite of the year!!